So, I owe two very big apologies to Kurt R.A. Giambastiani, and Alice Brook. They very generously each had nominated me for blogger awards – Liebster Award and Very Inspiring Blogger Award, respectively – and I’ve been sitting on them for weeks (months?) trying to figure out exactly what to do with them.
In short: I suck at this kind of thing.
It isn’t that I wasn’t grateful or flattered by their touching gesture, but rather I wasn’t really sure how to go about the instructions.
I don’t know how to tell if a blog has more or less than 200 followers. I don’t know how to post these ‘award logos’ on my page (I’m not tech ignorant, but I’m not exactly savvy, either.) In the case of the second, I’m not sure I actually follow 15 other blogs… and I’m sure there are wonderfully inspiring ones out there, I just don’t have time or inclination to go out and try to rank them by top 5 or top 15.
That must sound horribly lazy, selfish or both. I really try not to be, but I don’t have time to follow hundreds of blogs. I read those that catch my eye and enjoy them, and sometimes I can’t keep up on the ones that update often. (If I followed me, I’d miss most of what I posted, I think.)
But as we all know, all of the above is just an excuse. It’s my excuse, but it’s still an excuse, and it’s because generally when I’m faced with a situation where I just don’t know what to do, rather than do what I can, I’ll often push it all away and kind of try to pretend it isn’t there so I don’t have to deal with it. It’s a character flaw. I try to work on it when I have the energy to face it, and so part of that is now making up for my gross oversight.
So I realize I was very rude and very ungrateful to the both of you who nominated me, and I now ask for forgiveness and I will try my best to live up to the expectations of the awards you were so thoughtful to nominate me for.
First, Alice Brook so very kindly nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger Award.
1] Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog–
Thanks you very much, Alice, and I’m so very sorry I am so terribly late in acknowledging your kindness.
2] List seven random things about yourself–
1. I’ve always been a tomboy. I preferred playing in dirt, in ditches and up trees to barbies and makeup. I still do.
2. I wrote a 100,000 word novel fanfiction based on Red vs Blue which is a machinima show based on the Halo XBox games. I am a geek at heart.
3. I sometimes listen to the same song on repeat all day because it’s what I’m feeling. Yesterday it was Amanda Palmer Ampersand.
4. I suck at listing random things about myself.
5. I like to dress up in medieval period clothing and go camping. It’s called the SCA.
6. I think Tom Hiddleston is one of the most attractive men in the world. I resolved to become a famous writer so I could justify on some level meeting him. I still haven’t worked up the nerve to send him a fan letter.
7. I had 6 months of therapy when I was 27 just to get to where I didn’t feel people had a right to hurt me. It’s scary what you can realize you unconsciously think of yourself.
3] Nominate fifteen other blogs–
I have no idea of these have already received this, but I just enjoy reading them. Here’s eleven, anyway.
4] Notify the fifteen nominees
5] Put the award logo on your blog.
Yeah, I have no idea how to do that.
And then, Kurt Giambastiani (why is it I always think of My Cousin Vinny when I see your name?) nominated me for the Liebster Award.
The award is really sort of a vox populiway of shining a light on newer blogs (those with followers < 200), which means I most certainly qualify.
The procedure for award nominees is:
- Thank and link back to the giver.
- Answer the giver’s questions.
- ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
- Post it all on one’s blog!
1. Thank you very kindly, Kurt, for thinking of me as you did this. I apologize it has taken me so long to respond.
What drives you as a creative artist (writer, blogger, photographer)?
I have stuff in my head. I want to get it out and share it with people.
What’s your favorite breakfast?
Fried eggs, spuds, and onions, and some sort of fruit.
How have you benefited from blogging?
I helps keep me on task for writing, because I have witnesses who *know* if I have or haven’t. It also makes me feel great when people say something I wrote really touched them. 🙂
Which artist’s/writer’s/actor’s work do you really enjoy, even though you don’t like the artist/writer/actor, and why?
I have no idea. I don’t know if there are any artists/actors/etc that I really like the work of but don’t like them. Mostly because I haven’t met any of them. Well… okay, maybe Mel Gibson qualifies…
Who would you like to “shadow” for a week, to see how they really lived (pick anyone, living or dead, from any time period)?
Oh man, just one!? Um… okay, my great, great grandmother. I want to know how she really lived.
3. My nominees for the Liebster:
I’m sorry, since I have no idea how to tell who has less than 200 followers, I’m just going to say, see my list above for blogs I really enjoy reading and following.
4. My questions for my nominees:
Uh.. I guess I didn’t actually nominate anyone, so my questions for ANYONE who reads this entry:
1. What gets you out of bed every morning?
2. What is your favorite art form, whether to express or enjoy?
3. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?
4. List some random facts about you that you think are too uninteresting so you don’t normally share them on random facts lists. Like: I’m 5’6″. I totally wish I was shorter.
6. And then I’ m making up my own category because I totally can. Not a question, but a permission: do one thing today just to be good to yourself without thinking of consequences or other people; do one thing *just for you*. ❤
Then tell me what it was (if you like)! Post pictures if you can. 🙂